Sunday, July 19, 2020

Recommended Read: Tales from Both Sides of the Brain: A Life in Neuroscience

A book I reviewed about five years ago, Michael S. Gazzaniga, PhD's Tales from Both Sides of the Brain: A Life in Neuroscience, always ends back up on my mind when I teach adolescent development. I thought today would be a good day to share my old post on it and encourage you all to take some time to pick it up. 

The blurb I have up in the post: 

Dr. Gazzaniga, the father of cognitive neuroscience, tells his tale in this book. In 1960's, he begins his work on split-brain patients to figure out what happens when the two sides of the brain aren't directly connected. His findings, and his subsequent researched, changed how we understand the brain works. He enumerates his esteemed colleagues, and makes no bones about his conservative leanings and his friendship with William S. Buckley, Jr. He takes us through his journey as a scientist, and while doing this makes us all a little bit smarter and a little more human.

No comments:

Post a Comment